The Benefits of Running & Walking on a Treadmill
Walking for 30 minutes a day can be just as healthy as running – especially when you do it regularly. Having a portable, easy to use manual treadmill means you can run or walk comfortably indoors, rain or shine. You can even watch TV while exercising! What’s better than that? Here, we’ll discuss several benefits to regularly running and walking using a self-powered magnetic treadmill.
Although walking outdoors is more stimulating and burns more calories due to wind, hills, and other obstacles, there are definitely benefits to owning a treadmill. Some benefits of treadmill walking include:
- You can go for a run or walk, regardless of the weather outside
- Treadmills reduce the impact on your knees and other joints, compared to walking or running outdoors.
- Running on a treadmill can strengthen abdominal muscles and tone buttocks
- Running on the treadmill is one of the most effective cardiovascular workouts out there.
- Running or walking on a treadmill can help, burn belly fat, build muscle and increase lower body strength
Magnetic Treadmills / Running Machines
In addition to all these benefits, magnetic treadmills are portable and non-electric. This is beneficial for a variety of reasons, which we’ll go more in-depth about below. First, it’s important for us to understand just how magnetic, self-powered treadmills work.
What is Magnetic Resistance?
Manual running machines use magnetic resistance instead of an electric motor. As a result, the user must get things started themselves. The magnetic resistance used in manual running machines works by a series of magnets at a distance from the flywheel. The closer the magnets are to the flywheel, the more resistance you feel. Magnetic resistance is quiet, easily adjusted, and smooth. You’ll find magnetic resistance on many different kinds of cardio exercise equipment. Generally, the resistance has an adjustment dial or can be adjusted with an electronic monitor.
5 Benefits of Magnetic Treadmills / Running Machines
What makes manual treadmills a good alternative to motorized ones?
1. They can be placed anywhere in your home
First off, you won’t have to deal with strategically placing the treadmill next to an outlet. Our Manual, magnetic treadmills can be placed anywhere with enough space.
2. You won’t have to worry about replacing/repairing an electric motor
The lack of a motor is also a benefit since you won’t have to worry about replacing it or repairing it.
3. You can easily store magnetic treadmills
Because manual treadmills don’t have a motor, they are much less bulky than electric options.
4. Manual treadmills provide the same monitoring capability as electric treadmills
Sometimes people are worried that a non-electric treadmill won’t give them the metrics they look for. Luckily, this isn’t a problem. Manual treadmills come equipped with a monitor that will track your workout time, speed, distance, and calories burned.
5. Manual treadmills allow you to customize your incline and resistance levels
Manual treadmills offer different levels of incline and resistance, which allows you to truly customize your workout to meet your goals.
Contact stamina products
Stamina Products is proud to provide the highest quality magnetic and manual treadmills for those looking to reach their fitness goals. Sticking to a routine and proper diet will truly make you feel healthier and help you to optimize your cardiovascular health. If you’re interested in our high-quality exercise equipment , contact Stamina Products today. We’ll help you order the perfect fitness solution to help you meet your goals.